Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On the competition of this module, the students should be able to:
(1) Recognise the fundamental aspects of quality control, lean and six-sigma.
(2) Use multi-attribute decision modeling tools and methods to make design and improvement decisions.
(3) Apply statistical process control techniques to determine process behaviours.
(4) Design engineering experiments and perform statistical analysis on the data obtained thereby improving quality.
(5) Demonstrate a high level of competency in applying the covered tools to a variety of real-world related engineering design and business problems and projects.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Group Project: This is an assessed group project.||Unspecified||n/a||Standard conversion grade scale 40%||No||
|Class Test: Class test #1||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Standard conversion grade scale 40%||No||
|Class Test: Class test #2||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Standard conversion grade scale 40%||No||
|Assignment: This is a comprehensive individual assignment based on lab activities.||Unspecified||n/a||Standard conversion grade scale 40%||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
• Feedback individually to students, on an activity or draft prior to summative assessment
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
• Peer review activities
Not yet recorded.
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12||Mon 12:00 - 12:50|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - Autumn: All Weeks||Thurs 14:00 - 14:50|
|Laboratory||Offering 1||Week(s) - 7, 9||Tues 15:00 - 16:50|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - Autumn: All Weeks||Wed 11:00 - 11:50|