Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
1. Critically analyse a “real life” project management scenario, in the form of a case study, to determine the key quantitative and qualitative factors that will influence the decision scenario.
2. Demonstrate the application of theory, tools and techniques to analyse project management scenarios and to support decision making.
3. Critique the results of the project management scenario analysis with a view to improving decision making competency.
4. Apply verbal communication through class participation and written communication through submission of case study reports.
Among the topics that will be covered are case studies relating to strategic project management, organisation structures for project management, project portfolio management, organisation structure and culture, project planning, risk management, performance management and evaluation, effective leadership in project management, outsourcing and managing inter-organisational relations, communications in large projects and project closure.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Group Project: Include a presentation and a written report. Students will be graded on their understanding and analysis of the issues and techniques involved, as well as solution proposals where applicable.||Varies over the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Continuous Assessment: Discussion participation||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Class Test: Application of tools and techniques||Varies over the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
- Written feedback will be provided to students on case study reports: post-assessment - Overall class feedback will be provided: post-assessment