Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On successful completion of this module students will be able to:
1. Critique and be able to explain the role of simulation modelling in systems design and analysis.
2. Apply the steps of a simulation project.
3. Develop simulation models of basic manufacturing, logistics and service systems.
4. Understand the fundamental principles underlying robotic technologies.
5. Realise the basic capabilities of modern robotic technologies and applications.
6. Demonstrate a high level of competency in applying systems simulation and in understanding the basic requirements of novel automation projects where robots are planned to be introduced.
7. Understand the importance of collecting and analysing process and production data.
8. Manage and work as part of a team and demonstrate written and presentation skills.
Introduction to Simulation
Process Measurement and Analysis
Modelling Engineering Operations
Introduction to Robotics
Robot Control and Sensors
Programming and Validation
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Group Project: Group assignment on specific industrial areas and applications||Varies over the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Examination: Class Test||2 hour End of Trimester Exam||No||Standard conversion grade scale 40%||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
|Spring||Yes - 2 Hour|
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
Not yet recorded.