Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
1. Synthesise the underlying structure and dynamics of various negotiation settings.
2. Prepare a negotiation strategy before entering negotiations.
3. Create “win-win” solutions in negotiations.
4. Establish trust and influence negotiation counterparts to solve problems.
5. Negotiate effectively in a wide range of negotiation contexts.
The Nature of Negotiation
Planning Negotiation Strategy and Tactics
People and Relationships
Negotiating Job Offers and Salary Reviews
Power, Persuasion and Ethics
Third Party Intervention
Multiparty, Multi-issue Negotiation
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
This postgraduate module, part of the Master of Engineering Management programme, is designed for engineering professionals with a minimum of five years work experience.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Group Project: Group Project||Varies over the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Journal: Individual Learning Journal||Varies over the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Examination: 2 hour end of semester exam.||2 hour End of Trimester Exam||No||Graded||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
• Feedback individually to students, on an activity or draft prior to summative assessment
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
• Peer review activities
Not yet recorded.
|Mr Stephen Boyle||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|