Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On completion of this module, students will be able to:
1. Synthesise the market-led processes by which firms create, design & launch continuous streams of new products.
2. Assess the challenges facing marketing managers in diverse high technology manufacturing and service organisations.
3. Formulate strategies for product related management of technology-enabled product businesses.
4. Choose marketing tools to drive organisation performance.
Market Definition & Entry Strategy, Idea Generation, Concept Screening, Competitor Analysis, Market-Led Design, Product Branding & Corporate Identity, Product Positioning, Product Promotion, Pricing Strategy, Channel Strategy. Launch Dynamics, Adoption Curve, & Product Lifecycle Management
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Autonomous Student Learning||
This postgraduate module, part of the Master of Engineering Management programme, is designed for engineering professionals with a minimum of five years work experience.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Assignment: Case Study Assignments||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Class Test: In-class test||Week 12||n/a||Graded||No||
|Attendance: Class Participation||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
Not yet recorded.
|Mr Kevin Ryan||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|