Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On successful completion of this module I will be able to:
• Adapt your personal conversational style to the task of presenting.
• Analyse your presentation task and set realistic goals.
• Learn design principles of effective visual aids.
• Use of communication tools – examples, analogies, stories, demo’s, infographics, videos, visuals, interaction.
As outlined in module descriptor, above.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Group Project: Group presentation and report critiquing two communication samples.||Week 7||n/a||Graded||No||
|Project: Presentation outline plan, audience analysis and visual samples. Done individually.||Week 4||n/a||Graded||No||
|Group Project: Presentation and report (on presentation plan) on a technical topic.||Week 11||n/a||Graded||No||
|Class Test: In-semester exam on course theory.||Week 9||n/a||Graded||No||
|Remediation Type||Remediation Timing|
|Repeat||Within Two Trimesters|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
• Peer review activities
After each of three group presentations, each group gets specific feedback on their assignment before proceeding to the next assignment.