Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On completing this module students will be able to:
1. Identify the theoretical concepts which enable the design and analysis of supply chains.
2. Demonstrate the application of quantitative tools and techniques to analyse supply chain scenarios and to support decision making.
3. Critique the analytical results of supply chain scenario analysis with a view to improving supply chain management decision making competency.
4. Apply written communication through submission of case study and simulation reports.
5. Assess published academic and practitioner research related to supply chain design and analysis to support written reports.
Among the topics that will be covered are network design and optimisation, supply chain coordination, forecasting and demand planning, requirements planning and inventory models, capacity management, revenue management, enterprise resource planning and supply chain risk management. In addition, students will gain proficiency in some of the advanced analytics features of Microsoft Excel including Solver, Regression, Exponential Smoothing.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Class Test: In-Class Test #2||Week 12||n/a||Alternative linear conversion grade scale 40%||No||
|Journal: Group Simulation Journal||Coursework (End of Trimester)||n/a||Graded||No||
|Attendance: Weekly Brightspace discussion board topics||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Alternative linear conversion grade scale 40%||No||
|Class Test: In-Class Test #1||Week 6||n/a||Alternative linear conversion grade scale 40%||No||
|Assignment: Case Study Report||Week 5||n/a||Graded||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
• Peer review activities
Not yet recorded.
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12||Mon 11:00 - 11:50|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - 1, 2, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12||Wed 12:00 - 12:50|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - 3||Wed 12:00 - 12:50|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - 4||Wed 12:00 - 12:50|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - 5||Wed 12:00 - 12:50|