Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On completion of this module, students should be able to:
1. Discover the main concepts and issues in business modelling with respect to organisation, methodology and technology.
2. Illustrate the different approaches and toolsets employed on business modelling projects, the specific approaches required and lessons learned from case studies.
3. Select a business modelling technique to conduct a business modelling workshop to level three mapping.
4. Appraise various change management techniques for both project and solution support.
5. Develop skills in applying technology to support implementation of business modelling.
Introduction to Process Modelling
Business Process Re-engineering
Introduction to Process Change Management
Process Modeling & Technology
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Autonomous Student Learning||
This is a core module on the Master of Engineering Management and the Professional Diploma in Operations Excellence programmes. It is designed for postgraduate students based in industry and who have at least two to five years professional engineering work experience.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Assignment: Assignment 2||Varies over the Trimester||n/a||Standard conversion grade scale 40%||No||
|Assignment: Assignment 3||Coursework (End of Trimester)||n/a||Standard conversion grade scale 40%||No||
|Assignment: Assignment 1||Varies over the Trimester||n/a||Standard conversion grade scale 40%||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
Not yet recorded.
|Mr William Dolan||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|