Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
1. Recognise different types of accounting/financial statements, including income and expenditure, profit and loss account, balance sheet.
2. Demonstrate approaches to calculating full product costs, including absorption costing and activity based costing.
3. Compute Break Even Point (BEP), Payback, Internal Rate of Return (IRR), Net Present Value (NPV).
4. Evaluate the progress of an engineering project using the earned value analysis approach.
5. Employ financial ratios to interpret the financial status of a public company through a preliminary analysis of published company accounts.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Class Test: In-semester class test #2 (online quiz)||Unspecified||n/a||Standard conversion grade scale 40%||No||
|Group Project: A group project assignment which will commence from week 7.||Varies over the Trimester||n/a||Standard conversion grade scale 40%||No||
|Class Test: In-semester class test #1 (online quiz)||Unspecified||n/a||Standard conversion grade scale 40%||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
|Autumn||Yes - 2 Hour|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Online automated feedback
Not yet recorded.
|Daniel Watkins||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|