Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On successful completion of this module the student will be able to:
1. Apply established design methodologies to the development of new or modified products, from the establishment of the design specification to the final evaluation stages.
2. Create and select optimum design solutions.
3. Plan and coordinate engineering project activities to deliver the required output within a specified timescale.
4. Design an overall system, including specific detail components, to solve a particular product need, including both technical and non-technical issues of the design brief.
5. Work collaboratively in teams.
6. Demonstrate effective verbal and written presentation and communication skills.
User needs and problem definition
Concept generation and selection
Design and manufacturing
Design and materials
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Attendance: Evaluation on in-class performance, including answering the questions, interaction with mentors in practical sessions, participation in team work, etc.||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Project: Design, CAD modelling and analysis of selected system based on individual work, and planning of the project management.||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Assignment: multiple individual assignments||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Group Project: group design projects for prototyping and competition||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Remediation Type||Remediation Timing|
|In-Module Resit||Prior to relevant Programme Exam Board|
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
• Online automated feedback
• Peer review activities
Not yet recorded.
|Dean Meng||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|Kai Zhang||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|kai zhang||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|