Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
1. Design simple machines, linkage mechanisms, gear trains.
2. Design and model machine components such as springs, screws and fasteners, bearings and gears, shafts.
3. Use computer aided design software to create and improve components and products design.
4. Develop design solutions to general problems of a mechanical nature.
5. Improve design capability in both independent work and teamwork.
1. Computer aided design, solid and surface modelling, explosion view and animation.
2. Design of engineering components: springs, bearings, shafts, gears, screws.
3. Design of power/motion transmission systems.
4. Design of gear trains, simple machines, linkage mechanisms, selection of motors and actuators.
5. Materials analysis.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Assignment: individual assignments||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Examination: FInal Exam||2 hour End of Trimester Exam||No||Graded||No||
|Group Project: Team-work project||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Remediation Type||Remediation Timing|
|In-Module Resit||Prior to relevant Programme Exam Board|
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
• Online automated feedback
• Peer review activities
Not yet recorded.
|Dean Meng||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|kai zhang||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|