Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On successful completion of this subject the student will be able to:
1. Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of concepts of a continuum, conservation and constitutive laws.
2. Formulate the integral conservation laws.
3. Analyse and solve problems through the application of the control volume equations.
4. Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of the laws of similarity and dimensional analysis.
5. Analyse and solve problems using Buckingham's PI theory and repeating variable method.
6. Demonstrate an understanding of the laminar, transitional and turbulent flow regimes.
7. Analyse and solve technical problems in internal flow.
8. Plan and conduct experiments, analyse and interpret experimental results.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Lab Report: Lab reports||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Class Test: Class tests||Week 6||n/a||Standard conversion grade scale 40%||No||
|Examination: Final examination||2 hour End of Trimester Exam||No||Standard conversion grade scale 40%||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
|Summer||Yes - 2 Hour|
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
• Online automated feedback
• Self-assessment activities
Not yet recorded.