Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On completion of this module students will be able to describe and apply in a practical manner the rules regarding the handling of the primary procedural obligations under the GDPR, including:
- Appointment and role of the data protection officer
- Subject access requests
- Data protection impact assessments
- Requests for erasure/rectification
- Objections to processing
- Data breach handling
- Recording and documenting of processing activities
- Prior consultation
Students will also be able to identify and discuss fundamental issues in data and information management, including the ethical issues these present.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
Students will be given individual/group feedback on each assignment.
|Daragh O'Brien||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|Ms Katherine O'Keefe||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|