Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On successsful completion of this module students will be able to:
1. identify and discuss the principal rules of the international legal framework governing civil aviation;
2. describe the principal features of aircraft purchase and sale contracts, the leasing of aircraft (operating and finance) and the financing of aircraft on lease.
3. understand the insurance & regulatory framework of aircraft ownership and leasing, including the registration of aircraft.
4. describe and critically asses the operation of the Chicago and Cape Town Conventions on international Interests in Mobile Equipment and its associated Protocol on Matters Specific to Aircraft Equipment.
5. understand the issues and processes involved in dealing with aircraft upon the default of the lessee, both legal and practical
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Presentation: Group Presentation||Week 8||n/a||Graded||No||
|Project: Individual Project to be delivered at the end of term||Coursework (End of Trimester)||n/a||Graded||No||
|Group Project: Group Project in Week 8||Week 8||n/a||Graded||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
Group feedback will be provided to via Brightspace. Indidivual feedback may be requested in person from the module coordinator.
|Assoc Professor Tj McIntyre||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|