Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On successful completion of the module students should be able to:
• Analyse theoretical approaches to defining the interest in personal data.
• Compare and contrast approaches to data protection and privacy law in Europe and Ireland.
• Discuss the impact of technological change on data protection and privacy law.
• Understand both legal and non-legal responses to data protection and privacy challenges.
• Identify the overlaps and differences between data protection and privacy rules.
• Apply fundamental principles of data protection and privacy law to factual situations.
|Student Effort Type
|Autonomous Student Learning
|Seminar (or Webinar)
Not applicable to this module.
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
Group feedback will be available on both the assignment and take home exam.
|Mr Ronan Lupton
|Lecturer / Co-Lecturer