Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On completion of this module students should be able to:
- Participate with greater confidence in professional environments;
- Make more informed career choices;
- Manage their time more effectively;
- Account for their actions and decisions;
- Work effectively as part of a team;
- Demonstrate an awareness of professional conduct and ethics, including confidentiality;
- Demonstrate the relevance of their university programme to professional environments;
- Critically reflect on their skills and identify personal skills development goals;
- Reflect on how their critical understanding of law has changed.
See 'Purpose and Overarching Content' above.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
|Seminar (or Webinar)||
Students may not enrol for the internship module and for the Study Abroad programme.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Seminar: Students will attend a seminar in Week 4 of the trimester, in which participating students will make short presentations on their experiences to date.||Week 4||n/a||Pass/Fail Grade Scale||No||
|Journal: Students will complete 4 reflective journal entries (approximately 750 words each) over the duration of the internship, to be submitted by specified deadlines through Brightspace.||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Pass/Fail Grade Scale||No||
|Seminar: Students will attend a seminar at the end of the trimester, in which they will make a short presentation on their overall experiences on the module.||Week 12||n/a||Pass/Fail Grade Scale||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
Students will receive individual feedback on the reflective journal entries and oral feedback in the seminars held in Weeks 4 and 12.
|Dr Mark Coen||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|Dr Maebh Harding||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|Dr Emma Lyons||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|