Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On completion of this module students should have:
- an understanding of courtroom etiquette and presentation
- an ability to analyse a given set of facts
- an ability to identify the relevant legal issues arsing from those facts
- an ability to write concise legal submissions
- an ability to present their legal arguments in a courtroom setting
- an ability to respond to the legal arguments being made by their opponent
- an ability to respond to judges questions
- appreciate the importance of meeting deadlines and the ability to meet same
- to work on a case both individually and as part of a team
|Student Effort Type
|Autonomous Student Learning
Not applicable to this module.
|% of Final Grade
|Presentation: Contested advocacy presentation involving preparation of legal submissions and oral presentation of them. This is a contested advocacy exercise.
|Continuous Assessment: Class Attendance and Participation including active participation in classroom based advocacy exercises.
|Throughout the Trimester
|Presentation: Uncontested advocacy presentation involving preparation of legal submissons and oral presentation of them. This is an unopposed advocacy exercise.
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
Written feeedback to the group post assessment provided.