Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
By the end of this module, students will have
1) an awareness of Italy as a country
2) familiarity with cultural elements of Italy
3) an ability to respond to basic quiz questions on module content
4) an ability to prepare a presentation on one or more aspects of Italy touched on during this module
5) a new knowledge of certain aspects of historical and modern Italy
This module will cover a wide variety of weekly topics taught by specialist lecturers. More detail forthcoming.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Assignment: The final assessment on this module will take the form of an online visual e-presentation talk (using Zoom). The link is to be uploaded onto BrightSpace under Assignments.||Coursework (End of Trimester)||n/a||Graded||No||
|Continuous Assessment: Short quizzes based on weekly lecture topics||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
Feedback will be provided in the form of summative assessment (on quizzes) and also for final Zoom Presentation. Also, individual feedback may be provided at any time during term by agreed appointment to individual students who wish to request an appointment with individual lecturers or with the module coordinator.
|Assoc Professor Paolo Acquaviva||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|Professor Ursula Fanning||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|