Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On completion of this module students should be able to:
1. Understand the essentials of theory and practice in media production cultures.
2. Equip students with conceptual and methodological tools to carry out primary research with media professionals.
3. Build a basic foundational knowledge and framework in production practices.
4. Understand issues of diversity and inclusion within the communications and media industry.
5. Develop and pitch a project proposal following principles learned in the module.
- Production Cultures and Media Industries
- The Production of Selves and Others
- Production Centres and Peripheries
- Case Studies in Production Cultures and Media Work
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in Production Cultures
|Student Effort Type
|Specified Learning Activities
|Autonomous Student Learning
Not applicable to this module.
|% of Final Grade
|Assignment: Media and Communications Production Plan and Pitch
Media Content Creation and Management
|Fieldwork: Researching Production Cultures and Media Professionals
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Self-assessment activities
Not yet recorded.