Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On completion of this module you should be able to:
1. Summarise the significant historical events and concepts associated with the development
of the personal computer.
2. Identify the main components of a personal computer and explain how they operate.
3. Use programming languages to develop item descriptions.
4. Design and create a basic database system for a digital collection.
History of the computer
Codes, logic and switches
Binary, microprocessors & operating systems
Internet and the WWW
Introduction to HTML & XML
XML for digital collections
Introduction to Databases
Communicating with IT people
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
|Computer Aided Lab||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Assignment: Replacement for exam due to covid19 crisis
|Continuous Assessment: in- class exercises||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
Not yet recorded.