Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On completion of this module students should be able to:
1. Gain a basic understanding of the history and concepts associated with information
science and social media.
2. Summarize the main areas of study in information studies and social media.
3. Demonstrate how the techniques associated with information science can be applied in different areas of everyday life.
4. Critically analyse the role of social media in society.
5. Effectively construct a 5 paragraph persuasive essay, including outlining.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Portfolio: final portfolio consisting of:
|Coursework (End of Trimester)||n/a||Graded||No||
|Multiple Choice Questionnaire: Self-reflection for learning||Week 1||n/a||Pass/Fail Grade Scale||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Online automated feedback
Bi-weekly essays and tutorial worksheets receive individual feedback. Feedback to quiz is automated.
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12||Thurs 10:00 - 10:50|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12||Tues 10:00 - 10:50|