Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On completion of the module, students should be able to:
1. Indicate a knowledge of the principal types of traditional popular medicine found in Ireland.
2. Discuss the role of the healer in the community.
3. Demonstrate an understanding of the processes involved in traditional healing rites and rituals.
4. Identify and analyse the way in which a collective dynamic can be seen to operate in the field of folk medicine.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Essay: End-of-trimester assignment.||Coursework (End of Trimester)||n/a||Graded||No||
|Continuous Assessment: In-trimester assignment.||Week 6||n/a||Graded||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
Feedback in this module is centred around the in-trimester component, enabling students to draw on feedback provided for the in-trimester component to improve their performance in the later component.