Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On successful completion of this module, students should be able to:
• Demonstrate understanding of the five stages of Design Thinking for Life and their interdependence and have the ability to critically analyse this
• Demonstrate understanding of the appropriate application of Design Thinking for Life and develop an appreciation for its benefits and limits across disciplines and sectors
• Add value to the Design Thinking for Life process by applying practiced skills of empathy, creativity, idea selection, facilitating teamwork, rapid prototyping, iterative design, pitching and story-telling
• Develop and apply reflective practice to identify lessons learnt about the project, the process and the teamwork.
• Make decisions regarding timing, process and number of iterations of Design Thinking for Life appropriate for a particular problem.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Presentation: Participants will present their Life and Career Plan and Options to their Class||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Pass/Fail Grade Scale||Yes||
|Assignment: Reflection Report||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Pass/Fail Grade Scale||Yes||
|Attendance: This module requires active participation and engagement, which necessitates attendance at ALL scheduled classes (80% attendance is required to pass this component).
||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Pass/Fail Grade Scale||Yes||
|Remediation Type||Remediation Timing|
|Repeat||Within Two Trimesters|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Self-assessment activities
Individual feedback upon request.