Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On successful completion of this module, you will be able to:
• Appropriately select and apply Systems and Design Thinking processes and tools for use in novel real-world challenges of sustainability (appreciating the comparative role, importance and limitations of each)
• Follow and manage the five stages of design thinking in real-time in a real-world context to gain a deep, informed understanding of a sustainability challenge, to identify insights, generate, evaluate, test and iterate potentially viable solutions.
• Work effectively in a multidisciplinary team on a real-life challenge, adapting your approach as required to ensure success.
• Communicate a new product, service, solution or business concept in an efficient, effective and compelling manner to key decision-makers
• Practice personal reflection as a tool for continuous self-improvement and self-directed learning to quickly develop an overview and understanding of fundamentals of new areas as relevant to your professional work.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Continuous Assessment: This module requires active engagement, requiring attendance at ALL scheduled classes and mentoring sessions, as well as completion of assigned tasks and presentations. (80% attendance is mandatory)||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Pass/Fail Grade Scale||Yes||
|Assignment: Reflection Report||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Pass/Fail Grade Scale||Yes||
|Presentation: Project Report and Presentation||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Pass/Fail Grade Scale||Yes||
|Remediation Type||Remediation Timing|
|In-Module Resit||Prior to relevant Programme Exam Board|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
Feedback will be given to students upon request. This will include feedback based on their participation during the module and their deliverables.