Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On successful completion of this module, students should be able to:
• Understand the five stages of Design Thinking for Life and their interdependence
• Understand the appropriate application of Design Thinking for Life and develop an appreciation for its benefits and limits across disciplines and sectors
• Add value to the Design Thinking for Life process by applying practiced skills of empathy, creativity, idea selection, facilitating teamwork, rapid prototyping, iterative design, pitching and story-telling
• Develop and apply reflective practice to identify lessons learnt about the project, the process and the teamwork.
• Make Decisions regarding timing, process and number of iterations of Design Thinking for Life appropriate for a particular problem.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Assignment: Reflection Report||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Pass/Fail Grade Scale||Yes||
|Presentation: Participants will present their Life and Career Plan and Options to their Class||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Pass/Fail Grade Scale||Yes||
|Attendance: This modules requires active participation and engagement, which necessitates attendance at ALL scheduled classes.
(80% attendance is required to pass this component)
|Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Pass/Fail Grade Scale||Yes||
|Remediation Type||Remediation Timing|
|In-Module Resit||Prior to relevant Programme Exam Board|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
Feedback will be given to students upon request. This will include feedback based on their participation through out the module and their deliverables