Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
(1) Understand the safe operation and maintenance of various tools within the MakerSpace
(2) Develop skills in practical, basic operations of the tools and techniques within the module
(3) Develop skills applying cutting edge technology to rapidly test and prototype innovative ideas
(4) Develop their visual and verbal communication skills in the context of visual story-telling, and intuitive design.
(5) Learn how to give and receive feedback in a team environment and service/client-based scenario
(6) Practice iterative design through trail, testing, reflection and revision
(7) Practice personal reflection as a tool for continuous self improvement
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Attendance: This module requires active participation and engagement, which necessitates attendance at ALL scheduled classes. (80% attendance is required to pass this component.)||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Pass/Fail Grade Scale||Yes||
|Group Project: Team project showcasing the learning objectives throughout the trimester.||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Pass/Fail Grade Scale||Yes||
|Assignment: Reflection report||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Pass/Fail Grade Scale||Yes||
|Remediation Type||Remediation Timing|
|Repeat||Within Two Trimesters|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
Feedback can be given to students upon request. This may include feedback on their participation during the module and/or their deliverables.
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - Autumn: Weeks 7-12||Wed 14:00 - 16:50|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - 25, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32||Tues 14:00 - 16:50|
|Lecture||Offering 2||Week(s) - 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24||Wed 14:00 - 16:50|