Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On completion of this module, learners should be able to:
* Identify and assess opportunities within the global challenges for new ventures
* Outline the fundamental concepts and tools that help develop entrepreneurial ventures and that may be applied to real world situations and opportunities
* Apply creative, user-centric design and entrepreneurial approaches for developing potential ventures
* Work in an interdisciplinary team to develop and present a poential solution
* Pitch a new venture or initiative
* Give and receive feedback in support of improved learning and better solutions
* Practice personal reflection as a tool for continuous self-improvement and self-directed learning
Students will be introduced to a number of creative and innovative tools to help them develop their approach to the challenge.
There will be a emphasis on using the Design Thinking Framework to systematically work through the challenge from understanding the potential customer needs (empathy), problem solving, idea generation, prototyping and market testing.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Attendance: This module requires active participation and engagement, which necessitates attendance at ALL scheduled classes. (80% attendance is required to pass this component.)||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Pass/Fail Grade Scale||Yes||
|Continuous Assessment: Tasks and activités inside and outside of class||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Pass/Fail Grade Scale||Yes||
|Presentation: Team Project Presentation||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Pass/Fail Grade Scale||Yes||
|Assignment: Reflection Report : A reflective report with your own reflections and realisations on what you have learnt from the module.||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Pass/Fail Grade Scale||Yes||
|Remediation Type||Remediation Timing|
|Repeat||Within Two Trimesters|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
Not yet recorded.