Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On completion of this module, learners should have the ability to:
• Demonstrate a practical understanding of the five stages of the Design Thinking Process
• Develop the ability to evaluate the relevance of Design Thinking and its benefits for both personal; and professional purposes.
• Gain an understanding of foundational skills of creativity, teamwork and communication necessary for the successful application of the design thinking process
• Demonstrate the application of the five design thinking stages in the context of a real-world challenge
• Recognize the value of feedback to enhance problem solving.
- Develop skills in communication, teamwork and presentation.
Students will be introduced to the Design Thinking Framework with key concepts and models shared through readings, video content and powerpoint slides. Students will be brought through a 5 day Design Thinking Sprint in a team environment to solve a real world issue from a real world organisation. In most cases an external host company will be involved in the sprint and the students will be exposed to their challenges to solve using the Design Thinking Framework.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Presentation: Team Project Presentation||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Pass/Fail Grade Scale||Yes||
|Assignment: Reflection Report||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Pass/Fail Grade Scale||Yes||
|Continuous Assessment: Online and offline tasks and activities||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Pass/Fail Grade Scale||Yes||
|Attendance: This module requires active participation and engagement, which necessitates attendance at ALL scheduled classes (80% attendance is required to pass this component) .||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Pass/Fail Grade Scale||Yes||
|Remediation Type||Remediation Timing|
|Repeat||Within Two Trimesters|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
Feedback will be given to students upon request. This will include feedback based on their participation during the module and their deliverables.
|Ms Jacinta Owens||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|