Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
By the end of this module, you will be able to:
1. Create structured lesson plans and accessible learning resources that engage students and support module teaching, learning and assessment outcomes.
2. Critically evaluate a variety of teaching and learning methods to facilitate student learning across a range of classes, modules, and stages, and different student abilities, learning styles, and cultures.
3. Utilize the potential of the VLE to support students and module outcomes, and critically evaluate different educational technologies available to support teaching, learning and assessment activities.
4. Contribute to the assessment of a module by grading with accuracy and consistency, providing fair and constructive feedback, and helping to ensure academic integrity.
5. Understand school and university policies regarding the role, duties and responsibilities of the tutor as part of a teaching team and under the direction of a module coordinator.
Introduction: Preparing for your First Teaching experience
Lesson Planning I: Teaching to Module Outcomes
Teaching Strategies I: Teaching Style
Teaching Strategies II: Engaging Students
Assessment I: Grading
Lesson planning II: Peer Observation
Teaching strategies III: Facilitating Group Work
Assessment II: Feedback
Review: Enhancing Practice
|Student Effort Type
|Specified Learning Activities
|Autonomous Student Learning
|Seminar (or Webinar)
Not applicable to this module.
|% of Final Grade
|Continuous Assessment: Engagement with peer group throughout the semester, with critical reflection and verification form at the end of the process.
|Throughout the Trimester
|Portfolio: Submit four out of eight portfolio exercises
|Coursework (End of Trimester)
• Feedback individually to students, on an activity or draft prior to summative assessment
• Peer review activities
You will have the option to complete eight portfolio exercises throughout the semester but will be required to submit four for formal assessment. You are invited to submit drafts of the portfolio exercises for feedback from the module coordinator. You are also encouraged to give and receive formative feedback within your peer groups.
|Assoc Professor Lucy Collins
|Lecturer / Co-Lecturer