Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On completion of this module you should be able to:
1. Explain the concept of strategic HRM and understand the relationship between business strategy and HR strategy.
2. Assess a number of the variety of internal and external forces that influence the context and nature of HRM strategy
3. Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the challenges and responsibilities associated with HR practices, including talent management, human resource planning, recruitment and selection, reward strategies, performance management and retention of staff and technology for the HR Function
4. Recognise, in the context of HR, ethical and social responsibility issues in the business environment and examine ethical and legal implications of managerial decisions and their effect on organisational stakeholders."
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Continuous Assessment: Continuous Assessment||Varies over the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Examination: End of trimester examination||2 hour End of Trimester Exam||No||Graded||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
|Spring||Yes - 2 Hour|
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
General feedback is provided to students on all their submitted assessment components.
|Dr Christina Burke||Tutor|
|Ms Michele Connolly||Tutor|
|Ms Ilona Hunek||Tutor|
|Chee Shong Tan||Tutor|
|Charlene Tan Puay Koon||Tutor|
|Dr Jing Tian||Tutor|