Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On completion of this module you will be able to:
• Evaluate situations for moral and ethical issues associated with professional nutrition practice,
• Use those evaluations to justify a course of action and ensure adequate safeguards are maintained; and
• Develop a portfolio of evidence to support continued professional development and career planning.
This module will cover: the principles of professional practice, professional practice standards, documenting professional practice, responsibilities of professional practice, ethics in practice, core competencies in nutrition, career planning and professional development.
|Student Effort Type
|Autonomous Student Learning
Not applicable to this module.
|% of Final Grade
|Assignment: Ethical practice assignment
|Presentation: Personal brand pitch
|Portfolio: Professional development portfolio
• Feedback individually to students, on an activity or draft prior to summative assessment
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
• Peer review activities
• Self-assessment activities
AT1 Ethical practice assignment will allow students to submit a draft for formative assessment. Post-assessment individual and group level feedback will be delivered, which students can then apply to their final summative assessment. AT2 will require students to submit reflections and self-assessment work throughout the semester. The final portfolio is assessed and the students will receive individual and group-level feedback post-assessment. AT3 will require students to self-assess their final presentation and peers to provide feedback on this presentation. Post-assessment feedback will be group and individual.
|Ms Heather Kenny
|Lecturer / Co-Lecturer
|Dr Fiona Lalor