Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On completion of the module students will have experience in building models of subsurface volumes with relatively complex structural, stratigraphic and geochemical configurations/distributions.Indicative Module Content:
The module will be taught through a series of extended practicals:
1. Geological Modelling of complex geological situations, assessing sedimentary, magmatic and vein systems simultaneously.
2. Modelling and interpolation of geochemical data in 3D.
3. Complex structural modelling using off-horizon, drillhole and outcrop structural data.
4. Interrogating, manipulating and calculating simple volumetric models.
5-8. Advanced stratigraphic-structural model building exercise using Petrel.
|Student Effort Type
|Autonomous Student Learning
Not applicable to this module.
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
• Self-assessment activities
Feedback will be provided during practical and computer classes to individuals and to the group after exercises have been completed. Individual may request additional feedback for their work.
|Dr Lawrence Amy
|Lecturer / Co-Lecturer