Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
By the end of this module students should have:
1. Formulated the research framework for their MA/MSc dissertation.
2. Developed critical thinking, critical reading, writing, presentation skills and research design skills.
3. Advanced their understanding of research themes in a specialist area of geography.
4. Greater awareness of the demands and requirements of autonomous learning.
Literature reviews: Search process (topics, keywords, bibliographies – relevance)
Critical thinking and reading
Critical writing and writing strategies / literature map
Research questions: Identification, hypotheses and effectiveness
Elements of a research proposal
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
Not yet recorded.
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Assignment: Written Proposal||Unspecified||n/a||Graded||No||
|Continuous Assessment: A series of research design tasks, class participation, including attendance to School's research seminar series||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
Feedback for the assessments throughout the trimester will be given to the student individually post submission and/or during class.