Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
Upon completion of this unit, students will be able to:
· apply critical terms and approaches in order to analyse screen representations in their cultural contexts;
· identify aesthetic features common to different media forms;
· gather and evaluate information through structured research to inform screen analysis;
· communicate ideas and arguments coherently, using appropriate disciplinary forms and conventions of academic writing.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Continuous Assessment: Continuous Assessment||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Examination: Students answer three short essay questions from a selection provided.||Week 12||No||Graded||No||
|Assignment: Film Scene Analysis||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
|Spring||Yes - 2 Hour|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
Global feedback to the entire class will be delivered in a lecture or in small group classes after assessed components. Students will also have an opportunity to meet with tutors or lectures during scheduled personal feedback sessions during the term.