Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
Statistical Analysis for Research has 5 learning outcomes:
1. Use statistics to reduce complex data situations to manageable formats in order to describe, explain or model them;
2. Derive descriptive statistics for various data types;
3. Perform and critique statistical tests on two sample data;
4. Set up and critically analyse data sets in both a parametric and non-parametric way for two and more samples;
5. Communicate effectively research findings in a clear concise manner using correct terminology using SPSS.
This statistic course is delivered over 3 days and works from an Introduction to data analysis through statistical Inference with SPSS, multi-variable data analysis and then correlation and multiple regression.
The course includes worked examples and illustrations culminating in an MCQ.
This module is useful for researchers at a stage in their research when they have a set of data.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
Not yet recorded.