Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
There are four learning objectives for the module Effective Leadership and Management Skills FDSC50010:
• Use the workbook to Identify your current skills and map these to a SWOT analysis to identify opportunities for self-development.
• Map short and medium term goals to meet these objectives in line with your Researcher Professional Development Plan.
• Explore the range of attributes of good leadership, appreciate the styles of leadership and reflect upon your preferred style and the competencies for leadership that you already have, and those you would like to develop.
• Investigate the career options that interest you and identify ways in which you plan to research these further.
Emphasis will be placed on understanding the qualities and skills of leadership, team building, communication project management and time management.
There will also be sessions on resilience, professional networking and planning your career.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
After the module delivery students will be given a timeline for submission of assignment. Feedback will then be given individually to students when the assignments have been read.
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - 3||Fri 09:00 - 12:50|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - 4, 5, 6, 7||Tues 09:00 - 12:50|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - 8||Wed 09:00 - 12:50|