Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On successful completion of this module student will be able to
• Compare and contrast the structure and functions of specific food protein systems and explain the intrinsic and extrinsic factors influencing the functions of these proteins.
• Differentiate lipids on the basis of their fatty acid profile and discuss their physical properties and chemical deterioration
• Describe the functions and food applications of selected monosaccharides, disaccharides and polysaccharides.
• Explain the state of water in foods and examine its influence on food stability.
|Student Effort Type
|Autonomous Student Learning
Not applicable to this module.
|% of Final Grade
|Assignment: End of semester assignment
|Coursework (End of Trimester)
|Continuous Assessment: Multiple choice questions
|Throughout the Trimester
|Alternative linear conversion grade scale 40%
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
• Self-assessment activities
Not yet recorded.
|Ms Michelle Kearns
|Dr Fiona Lalor
|Ms Roisin O'Sullivan