Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On completion of this module students should be able to:
• Explain the state of water in foods and examine its influence on food stability.
• Differentiate lipids on the basis of their fatty acid profile and discuss their physical properties and chemical deterioration.
• Describe the functions and properties of food proteins and explain the factors influencing the functions
of these proteins.
• Describe the functions and properties of selected monosaccharides, disaccharides and polysaccharides.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Assignment: Take home exam||Coursework (End of Trimester)||n/a||Graded||No||
|Continuous Assessment: MCQs/short answer questions and in class activities||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
|Spring||Yes - 1 Hour|
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
• Online automated feedback
Not yet recorded.
|Dr Emma Feeney||Tutor|