Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On completion of this module students should be able to:
• Assess the transferrable skills they have, and would like to develop and complete a personal SWOT analysis.
• Evaluate their level of self-awareness and self-management
• Appraise the strengths of different leadership styles and team roles.
• Appreciate the role of communication in giving and receiving feedback, assertiveness, negotiation, influence, managing difficult conversations and mentoring and coaching.
• Apply the basics of time management
• Develop goals for their professional development and investigate career options and have linked actively with the career services.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Pre requisites - 'Information Skills' (RDEV10020) is a necessary pre requisite for doing this module.
Also this module is incompatible with the following PWE modules: ANSC30070, CPSC30010, ANSC30370, ANSC30230, AESC30170, BSEN30510, AERD30180, FOR30180, HORT30070, FDSC30160.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Assignment: Reflective log and informational interview
Completion of the workbook and associated exercises to inform their reflective essay for submission at end of Trimester
|Coursework (End of Trimester)||n/a||Pass/Fail Grade Scale||Yes||
|Remediation Type||Remediation Timing|
|In-Module Resit||Prior to relevant Programme Exam Board|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Self-assessment activities
Feedback individually to students, post assessment - Students will receive feedback from the reflective essay Self-assessment activities- These take place during the module and inform student understanding and goal setting
|Mr Mark Cumisky||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|Dr Sinéad Flannery||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|Dr Martina Wallace||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|