Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
1. Identify key issues in the composition, form, and development of contemporary American prose
2. Establish contexts for the study of the contemporary American writing.
3. Engage with critical, cultural, and theoretical contexts relevant to the texts studied.
4. Prepare for and participate in group in-class discussions.
5. Participate in weekly class activities - ie. individual presentations, debates, and reading excercises.
6. Complete an extended essay relating to a topic studied in the module.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
|Seminar (or Webinar)||
Not applicable to this module.
|Remediation Type||Remediation Timing|
|In-Module Resit||Prior to relevant Programme Exam Board|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
|Dara Downey||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|Dr Katherine Fama||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|Dr Tim Groenland||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|