Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
● Demonstrate fluent, academic, written communication
● Produce comprehensive and relevant individual research
● Demonstrate in depth, rich understanding of fin-de-siècle literature
● Demonstrate familiarity with key concepts of this period
The Aesthetic movement
The "New Woman" writers
The "New Imperialism"
The "Scientific Romance"
The influence of Ibsen on drama
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Autonomous Student Learning||
|Seminar (or Webinar)||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Essay: Final essay of 3000 words. Essay plan to be submitted, and feedback to be incorporated.||Coursework (End of Trimester)||n/a||Standard conversion grade scale 40%||No||
|Continuous Assessment: Mid-term assignment.
||Varies over the Trimester||n/a||Standard conversion grade scale 40%||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
• Feedback individually to students, on an activity or draft prior to summative assessment
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
Feedback will be provided on midterms. Essay plans are to be submitted by week 8, and feedback will be provided at that point.
|Professor Fionnuala Dillane||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|Mr John Matthews||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|