Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On completion of this module students should be able to:
1. Distinguish between different research approaches and methodologies.
2. Identify a research question, or hypotheses, and the variables involved
3. Understand, and be able to apply, the principles of good questionnaire design
4. Be able to understand basic statistical procedures and their uses and limitations.
5. Be able to use the SPSS computer package for the analysis of data
6. Be able to present research results in a clear and organised fashion
7. Be able to develop a research proposal for their own study in which they make an informed judgement on the research question, type of method most appropriate to the issue under scrutiny, and procedures to be used.
1. Understanding the research process
2. Reviewing the literature
3. Research Ethics
4. Preparing surveys
5. Reviewing statistical approaches
6. Statistical Analysis
7. Conducting interviews and analysing interview data
8. Case Study Research
9. Writing up data
10. Academic Writing
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Assignment: Students will complete a 3,000 word research proposal for completing an institutional study in their place of work-practice using appropriate research methodologies||Coursework (End of Trimester)||n/a||Graded||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
• Feedback individually to students, on an activity or draft prior to summative assessment
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
During the module students will receive the feedback criteria by which their assignment will be marked. They will also be given the opportunity to submit a draft proposal which they will receive individual guidance on. They will also have the opportunity to submit a draft assignment where they will receive guidance and direction prior to submitting their final piece of work.
|Dr Magdelina Kitanova||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|