Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
At the end of this module students will be able to:
• Critically engage with ideas about the purpose and the nature of education
• Recognise and demonstrate an understanding of the key features of at least three different philosophies of education
• Reflect on their own philosophies of education meaningfully, identifying contradictions or challenges and areas for further inquiry
• Consider how different pedagogical approaches affect the role of the teacher and the learning experience of the student.
• Develop the skills, attributes and dispositions conducive to productive critical engagement, argument and discussion
• Explore opportunities to teach Philosophy and inquiry-based learning in education
|Student Effort Type
|Autonomous Student Learning
Not applicable to this module.
|% of Final Grade
|Assignment: An assignment brief will be provided by your module coordinator during the module.
|Varies over the Trimester
|Standard conversion grade scale 40%
|Prior to relevant Programme Exam Board
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Peer review activities
• Self-assessment activities
Opportunities will be provided for self and peer-review strategies throughout the module and individual feedback will be provided post-assessment.
|Dr Rachel Farrell
|Lecturer / Co-Lecturer