Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On completion of this module, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate a critical appreciation of a wide range of children's literature
2. Communicate how texts for children reflect contested constructions of childhood
3. Recommend appropriate books to young people, class groups and school libraries
4. Plan a number of classroom interventions and pedagogies (e.g. the incorporation of children’s stories into the teaching of philosophy, history or ethics)
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Presentation: This module is assessed by presentation. At the end of the module, students will present for fifteen minutes on a Children’s Literature text or author of their choice.||Coursework (End of Trimester)||n/a||Graded||Yes||
|Remediation Type||Remediation Timing|
|In-Module Resit||Prior to relevant Programme Exam Board|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
Not yet recorded.