Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
• Critically analyse the role of various stakeholders in the formation of the education system in Ireland as well as the complexities and contradictions inherent in the historical record of education;
• Interpret aspects of the Irish education system in the context of sociological developments in education internationally;
• Interrogate educational policies from a sociological perspective;
• Demonstrate an understanding of the relationship between the nature and purpose of education and the wider experience of education.
• Recognise and evaluate any structural impediments to an equitable education system and suggest creative, agentic solutions to address these obstacles.
1. Equality, social class and schooling
2. Gender, Sexualities and Schooling
3. Race, Migration and ethnicity in Schools
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Peer review activities
Not yet recorded.
|Dr Margaret Crean||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|