Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
There are four main learning outcomes for this module. Students that complete this module successfully will have a solid understanding of:
1. How to conduct a piece of research for an MSc thesis
2. How professional economists undertake research and present it to their peers
3. How to apply for a professional job and prepare for job interviews
4. What it is like to work as a professional economist.
This module will include topics such as:
- Information on how to write your thesis
- Information on how to find an internship
- Information on how to present a research paper
- Visits from professional economists who will talk to you about how they use economics (and economic research) in their jobs
Note these topics are indicative only and may be subject to change.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Seminar (or Webinar)||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Presentation: Presentation at the MSc Jamboree||Coursework (End of Trimester)||n/a||Pass/Fail Grade Scale||Yes||
|Assignment: Submit research proposal motivation and literature review||Week 7||n/a||Pass/Fail Grade Scale||Yes||
|Oral Examination: Meet with supervisor twice in the term||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Pass/Fail Grade Scale||Yes||
|Remediation Type||Remediation Timing|
|In-Module Resit||Prior to relevant Programme Exam Board|
• Self-assessment activities
Not yet recorded.
|Assoc Professor Orla Doyle||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|Assoc Professor Stefanie Haller||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|
|Dr Oana Peia||Lecturer / Co-Lecturer|