Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On successful completion of this module students will be able to:
• demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the 17 UN goals for sustainable development.
• Understand the implications of these goals for sustainable development
• Critically analyse the nature of the gap between the current global situation in relation to poverty, injustice and climate change and the aspirations of the goals.
• Demonstrate an ability to communicate clearly with others about the significance of the global development goals
• Understand the importance of different disciplines and professional expertise to the achievement of these goals.
• Understand how local actions in Ireland and UCD can make a difference in the achievement of these goals.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Assignment: Rolling Summary of Key Learnings and Questions from weekly guest (online) lectures||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Continuous Assessment: SDG Academy Course||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Group Project: Policy Brief from SDG Week Project||Week 12||n/a||Graded||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
General feedback is given in lectures. Individuals can attend office hours for feedback, if needed.