Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
- Identify and categorise performance in life and culture
- Analyse and discuss ritual structures, play and framings of performance
- Understand and critically analyse structures of performance in theatre
- Practice basic performance analysis in a critical context
We will look at the issue of what constitutes performance, on the stage, in the media and in everyday life.
The role of play, and role play.
Advertising and self-conscious performativity.
Props and costume.
Communitas and communal experience.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Description||Timing||Component Scale||% of Final Grade|
|Assignment: Mid-trimester assignment worth 30% of the overall marks for this module.||Unspecified||n/a||Graded||No||
|Continuous Assessment: Contributions in class worth 10% of the overall marks for this module||Throughout the Trimester||n/a||Graded||No||
|Examination: End of trimester examination worth 60% of the overall marks for this module.||Coursework (End of Trimester)||Yes||Graded||No||
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
|Spring||Yes - 2 Hour|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
Not yet recorded.