Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
- Gain a broad understanding of the cultural contexts for theatre across cultures and in Ireland
- Define and identify key creative roles in making theatre, including the role of the audience
- Distinguish and evaluate key contributions in collaborative work
- Begin to critique the theatrical event, and the cultural and artistic roles of theatre and performance
- Experience and test selected skills in making theatre
Introduction to Module: Syllabus, assessments and plan for module.
CLUSTER ONE: Performance Analysis: Vocabularies of Mise en scène
Liveness and Performance Analysis
Cultural and Social Contexts, Mise en Scène, and Performance Analysis II
Spaces for Performance
Scenography and Design
Audiences and Reception
CLUSTER TWO: Performance Analysis: Case Studies
Company at Work: Pina Bausch & Dance Theatre Wuppertal
Company at Work: Ariane Mnouchkine & Le Théâtre du Soleil [Theatre of the Sun]
Mnouchkine and Théâtre du Soleil Practices
Performance View and exam preparation
|Student Effort Type
|Autonomous Student Learning
Not applicable to this module.
|% of Final Grade
|Continuous Assessment: SGT contribution and submission of preparatory work/tasks in advance of/at start of SGT.
|Throughout the Trimester
|2 hour End of Trimester Exam
|Assignment: Mid Semester Performance Report
|Yes - 2 Hour
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
Feedback will be given by week 10. End of term exam feedback will be offered in the post-assessment period.
|Dr Emma Bennett
|Lecturer / Co-Lecturer