Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Curricular information is subject to change
On completion of this module, students will have the ability to:
1) Analyse 1-, 2- and 3-D skeletal structures using flexibility, stiffness and graphical moment distribution methods. Calculate displacements due to bending, shear, torsion and axial effects.
2) Analyse 2-D structures, including grids and slabs.
3) Analyse the effects of axial deformation, springs, settlements, plastic behaviour, and large displacements on the structural response.
Force (Flexibility) and Displacement (Stiffness) Methods; Unit-Force Theorem; Graphical Moment distribution Method (sway and non-sway); Symmetry and Anti-symmetry; Grids; Elasto-plastic Analysis of Continuous Beams and Frames; Moment Redistribution Analysis; Upper Bound Plastic Methods -> Yield-line Theory; Lower Bound Plastic Methods; Orthotropic Slabs; Geometric Non-linearity.
|Student Effort Type||Hours|
|Seminar (or Webinar)||
|Specified Learning Activities||
|Autonomous Student Learning||
Not applicable to this module.
|Resit In||Terminal Exam|
|Spring||Yes - 2 Hour|
• Feedback individually to students, post-assessment
• Group/class feedback, post-assessment
• Online automated feedback
|Miguel Casero Flórez||Tutor|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12||Mon 14:00 - 15:50|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - Autumn: All Weeks||Thurs 15:00 - 15:50|
|Lecture||Offering 1||Week(s) - Autumn: All Weeks||Wed 12:00 - 12:50|